Monday, September 16, 2013

 

PictureMy list of non-toxic, 

kid safe nail polish!

 

 

 When I think of Formaldehyde,

I think dead bodies, high school biology class where we dissect frogs, you know, that kinda stuff! 
In my nail polish though?
NO THANK YOU!
 

I mean, I've been painting my daughter's nails since she was a baby and the thought of that stuff even touching her, creeps me out!
So here's the scoop-there are three lethal ingredients in most nail polish to steer clear of:

1-DBP-Dibutyl phthalate
2-Formaldehyde
3-Toluene

 

All three have been linked to issues-from skin irritation to birth defect in animals.
Yuck!

However, there are several companies making non toxic polish-here's a list of some of them:

Piggy Paint-water based, safe for kids, odorless, non-toxic
Spa Ritual-free of the three above
Safe Nail Polish-Strong, Odorless, Non-Toxic &
Hypo-Allergenic - It's Water Based, and lasts
like conventional polish!

Nubar-Carcinogen free
Priti-carcinogen free
No-Miss-free of the three above also no camphor
Sante-formaldehyde, toulene and colophony rosin free
Honeybee Gardens-water based, removes with rubbing alcohol, odorless
Acquarella-water based
Suncoat-water based
Peacekeeper Cause-Metics-created by the environmental Working Group as the safes paint-based natural nail polish


I guess it's time to clean out that ole cabinet or cosmetic bag! 


Kiss, Kiss,

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment