Friday, October 4, 2013

DIY!
Check out my awesome changing table transformation!

My neighbor put this vintage changing table out on the curb and I thought...hmmm this could be totally fabulous.  So I asked her if I could take it and  I immediately went to work!


This is the BEFORE:



 Check out the transformation below!



My supplies:
1 jar of silver metallic paint-I used the Martha Stewart brand available at Home Depot, the small jar was more then enough for this small of a project
1 mini roller frame
1 two pack of textured rollers
1 extra fine sanding block
1 mini paint tray
1 dropcloth
1 paintbrush
1 pair of gloves


First, I prepped my work area and sanded down the entire piece with an "extra fine" sanding block, to take off some of the old finish.

Second, using the roller, I painted most of the surface that could be rolled and touched up any tough spots with a brush.

I waited overnight and then gave it another good coating.  I applied about 4 coats to get a nice smooth, almost mirror like finish.

Voila!  Looking good right?

I know had something totally chic and fun to display!
Now...what do I do with it?

A-HA!  I had the perfect idea...

I think it works perfect in my Daughter's room to display all her Build A Bears and she absolutely loves it!


Now... I can have a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment